Finding the right country property can be an exciting but challenging experience. If you are relocating from the city, it can also mean a complete lifestyle change.
Whether you are looking for a new home, a weekend retreat, a farm or an investment property, every buyer has unique requirements. We will show you of all of the properties that match your requirements and point you in the right direction with honest advice.
At Country Values Real Estate, we understand what it means to own a country property and live in a country community … and we love it! We can help you to make your country move the best move you have ever made.
5-Step Buyer’s Checklist:
1. Work out your budget
Don’t be tempted to look at properties that are outside your budget. Remember the extra costs like stamp duty and settlement fees. It’s a good idea to get pre-approval first, so you can act quickly when you find the right property.
2. What are you looking for?
It’s difficult to find the absolute perfect property. That’s why it’s a good idea to make a list of what you are looking for in a property, and prioritise your requirements.
- What do you need? These are your non-negotiable, minimum requirements.
- What do you want? These are the “nice-to-have’s” that you are prepared to compromise on.
Some things to consider are:
- Location (distance to schools, work, local services, etc)
- Accommodation requirements (number of bedrooms, bathrooms, living space, etc)
- Land size and type (If you are looking for acreage, what do you intend to use the land for?)
- Land features such as views, water, pasture or bush.
- Would you prefer to buy established, or build a new home?
3. Research the market
As the leading agency in our region, Country Values Real Estate has the widest selection of properties for sale and local knowledge that is second to none.
- Subscribe to our Property Alerts, to find out about new listings as soon as they hit the market. We also publish our sold properties, so you can see what prices are being achieved.
- Speak to one of our sales specialists to discuss your needs. Because we live in the community, we want our buyers to be happy with the decision they make. Take advantage of our extensive local market knowledge.
- Inspect as many properties as you can that meet your requirements. We also work with other agents in our area to find the best property for you.
4. Choose Your Property
Once you find a property you like, make sure you have inspected it thoroughly and found out everything you need to know about it. Before making an offer, you should appoint a licensed conveyancer to help you with the settlement arrangements. You may also want to arrange an independent building inspection at this point.
5. Buy It!
Once you have made your decision to buy, the next step is making an offer. If you have done your research, you will know what is a fair price to offer. Your Country Values Real Estate agent will also guide you in this regard. Include any special conditions that you require in the contract, such as finance approval, subject to sale, termite inspection, etc. Make sure you stay within your budget.